Pages

Thursday, January 2, 2014

The girl who was anti-prince:

I was talking to a little girl in my art class. She is the saddest thing I have ever listened to. She went on and on about how her dad doesn't like her to do this or watch that or read this. She is bitter against him and speaks badly of him constantly. It breaks my heart to hear her talk like that! Doesn't she know he daddy loves her? Doesn't she know that he only wants the best for her? Doesn't she know that he wants to keep her mind pure and her heart safe from this ghastly world?
I try to tell her, but she won't listen. I don't know quite what else to tell her besides what I've stated above. If she won't listen, she is bringing the trouble on herself. 
So I try to change the subject. I don't like listening to people complain about irrational problems. 
A subject change and now she wants to talk about a story she is writing. She tells about her story being a Disney princess story. I am suddenly interested (You say "Tangled" and I'm yours for at least forty-five minutes). 
But not too far in her plot line, I am irritated once again. Her rendition of these perfect fairy tales are prince-less. She wants to write the story as if none of the princesses had a prince and they had to have their adventure by themselves!
I was livid. I tried to explain myself but couldn't very well. I'm not in debate, and I dislike arguments. I told my other friend who was conversing with us (And becoming completely perplexed and indignant against at my babbling arguments) that I would write her my argument so she would better understand it. Because, unfortunately, I think she is a feminist as well. 
Here it is:
Princess Aurora would have slept for eternity without her prince.
 Belle would have been eaten by wolves.
 Jasmine would have had her hand cut off. Then she would have had to marry Jafar...and that would have been unpleasant...
 Mulan would have never gotten to be such an amazing soldier without the training and guidance of her incredibly attractive superior officer.
 Rapunzel never would have left her tower. And then never would have met her family. And then had to spend the rest of her life with Mother Gothel.
 Snow White would have been dead forever.
Without Prince Eric, Ariel would not have had the incentive to become a human and fulfill all her dreams of being on land, up where they walk, up where they run, up where they stay all day in the sun!
Without Prince Charming, Cinderella would not have had a ball to go to, and would have been stuck cleaning house until she died.
And now we see that princesses have to have princes. Not just in these unlikely cases, but in real life as well.
Women and men were made for each other. God said, "It is not good that man should be alone." So He made him a helper, a woman.
Women are not the weaker sex. We have a tremendously difficult time working in the home, delivering babies, raising kids, supporting our husbands. But we don't rule the world. We help.
Men were made for carrying loads, for protecting their wife and kids, for leading their homes and leading in churches or governments.
Men and women make life easier for each other. Men made washing machines, electric lighting, the sewing machine, the automobile. And the women use those inventions to help the men have clean laundry, fix their clothes, and go buy groceries.
Those who say that women don't need men, haven't looked at all the facts. They haven't realized that women would not be as fruitful in their work without the help of men.
Sure, females have the brains to build a sky scraper, but they don't have the muscle or endurance. They don't have the guts it takes to be a garbage man or one of those guys who go down there in the sewer and get all nasty and gross....yuck...
Men and women enjoy different things and therefore are productive in different ways. We would be nothing without each other. God realized that and He made Eve...Things were perfect there for a bit. And who messed it up? The man? Nope. The woman.

I know those words were rough and un-elegant. But hopefully they make you see my point and maybe you can be convinced.

No comments:

Post a Comment