Pages

Monday, January 6, 2014

6) Someone who does not live in my country

Ahh this be hard. I've met so many people! I've been to Japan, Canada, Haiti, and California...

Yes, that was a joke. You may laugh. Even you, Margaret. 

Let's see...I think I will talk about a Haitian, as that is where I have last been too and met so many lovely people there.

There were so many of them! But here are a few who stole my heart:

Rose Myrtha. This is a beautiful young lady who works at a mission house in Guittan, Haiti. She helps prepare meals and loves to smile. She has a delightful sense of humor and is always kind. She never ceases to laugh, hug, or make one feel welcome in her home. She is always eager to teach anyone what she knows about cooking or a place she had been or the languages she spoke.
Rose Myrtha always looks lovely, and is the belle anywhere she is, no matter what clothes she is wearing. Her beauty lies in her eyes, which are always shining, and in her soul, which is always singing. She likes pretty things, as all girls do and enjoys helping others look their best too. (I know from experience how talented she is at doing hair!)

There is also Evans. A deaf man who has been the nicest gentleman I think I have ever met and maybe ever will.
He can't hear, so he can barely speak, Creole or English. He makes signs with his hands, but mostly remains quiet. Despite his handicap, he has the funniest sense of humor! He likes to prank and joke and make people laugh.
He likes to watch the sunset on the beach.
But what I noticed most about him was how much he takes care of people. He didn't know us very well when we met, but he always ensured our safety and comfort. When we took hikes, he was the one standing over the dangerous ditch to lend a hand to everyone. He was the one in the back of the group, making certain that we all stayed together and no one was left behind. He was the one who went outside in the dark to make sure that me and Margaret would be okay while we searched for a missing friend.
He was that kind of gentleman.

There are so many other people that I met! All the Haitians were kind and compassionate. They always had open doors and open hearts. I could go on and on. But these two people give a small window of the people I have met over the seas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment