Pages

Friday, January 10, 2014

10) The Weather

It's chilly and overcast
The warm and sun are in the past
It's January
It's melancholy

I miss you summer breeze
I miss adventure by the seas
I wish I was somewhere warm
Maybe listening to a summer storm

But since it's cold as ice
These sweaters are nice
Yet the three that I'm wearing-
I cannot move, they're overbearing

Winter clothes are pretty, summer's are better
Swim suits let me get cooler and wetter
I don't mind all of the sweatyness
It beats all the shivering-...ness? (What?..my confusion beats yours.)

less
dress
mess
stress
bless
press
watercress
excess
See my dilemma?

Winter clothes are pretty, summer's are better
Swim suits let me get cooler and wetter
I don't mind all the sweat
Although, you probably do, I bet

I'm drinking green tea and eating a muffin
Trying to rhyme better than my puffin
So I don't have a pet puffin, but you wouldn't know
Except that I told you so

And this poem keeps getting better and better
Now I'm going to rhyme that with fetter
And look up the word, since I forgot its meaning

fet·ter
ˈfetər/
noun
noun: fetter; plural noun: fetters
  1. 1.
    a chain or manacle used to restrain a prisoner, typically placed around the ankles.
    "he lay bound with fetters of iron"
    synonyms:shackles, manacles, handcuffs, irons, leg irons, chains, restraints; More
    informalcuffs, bracelets;
    historicalbilboes
    "bound by fetters of iron"
    • a restraint or check on someone's freedom to do something, typically one considered unfair or overly restrictive.
      "the fetters of discipline and caution"
verb
verb: fetter; 3rd person present: fetters; past tense: fettered; past participle: fettered; gerund or present participle: fettering
1.
restrain with chains or manacles, typically around the ankles.
"a ragged and fettered prisoner"
synonyms:shackle, manacle, handcuff, clap in irons, put in chains, chain (up);        

 And that's straight from Google, it's seeming

And should I end this poem or not
What is it about, I already forgot
Oh yes, about weather and all of its dullness
Here we go again with those "ess" words

I'm done now.. thank you very much.



No comments:

Post a Comment