Pages

Friday, June 27, 2014

Crazy Life

I have been slowly learning that this world doesn't revolve around me. You care, but not that much, whether or not I put another scene of my book up. It's not like I'm breaking any one's heart by not writing. I have been busy with important things. More important than writing a self-pleasing story.

This week is VBS week at my church and I, and my friend Kate, have been practicing for the drama for the past few hundred years---well, more like 2 months, but it's crunch time now. And I have yet to learn my lines for tonight...

My grandfather is in town, so taking care of him definitely takes priority of my writing. He likes to play Dominoes and for the first time in my life I beat him....I just had to brag, for I'm rather pleased with myself ;-)

I have also been studying for a girls Bible study that I am going to be leading in a month. I feel so unprepared and unworthy to peer-to-peer disciple all my beautiful friends. So if you ever have a chance, pray that God will grant me wisdom and understanding as I read His word.

Another activity I have gotten myself into is editing my brother's book. He is my writing idol, so to speak, and has inspired me to write for about seven years...And now I get to bless him back by proof-reading his eloquent novel! Oh! He is brilliant!

Tell me what you've been up to, and tell me whether or not you'd be interested in the rest of my story, and tell me if you will pray for me, and tell me one random and wonderful thing God has done for you this week. (For instance, my random, wonderful thing God did for me was have my mother put a pair of finger nail clippers in my purse. It was so out of the ordinary...but when I got to church for VBS, my friend came up to me with a finger nail emergency! God knew what would happen, and He took care of her finger nail...God is so good!)

5 comments:

  1. Well, I've been working, and I'm going on vacation soon! Haha ;)
    I've actually been so busy that i haven't been able to read your latest chapter, but I really liked your story, it was intriguing! I think you should keep it going, but if you want to blog about something else, then blog bout something else, haha! ;)
    Of course I'll pray for you, duh! ;)
    Well, one random thing God has done for me this week is that he's answered my prayers that work would go well. it isn't that work was going bad, I just needed a few really really good days where everything went right, you know? God completely answered my prayers and gave me some really great days of work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Where are you headed? My last vacation was out west seeing San Fransisco, the Sequoia forest, The Grand Canyon, the Painted Desert, and places out there...so fun!

      Thanks, dear ;-D

      Awesome! He is so good! That is wonderful! Praise God!

      Delete
    2. Oh, and I'll finish my story soon! When I get back from camp!

      Delete
  2. I would have to agree with Sunshyne. Your story is very intriguing and I love it! And it's been eighteen days since you've posted another chapter, and I can not wait to read it! I have been praying for you, and I dearly hope you will have time to prepare for the Bible study, and that God will fill you up with His wisdom and understanding. This week, God blessed me with an extra riding lesson, in which I learned a great bit. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you! When we get back from the Wilds, I'll try to get back on it!

      Thank you for your prayers!

      How wonderful! I didn't know you take riding lessons! God is so great to us!

      Delete