Pages

Sunday, January 12, 2014

12) Something I miss

These are places I miss. I can't miss any thing because I keep everything. Literally, EVERYTHING. So I only miss places I've been, people I've met, and feelings I've had. 

Freeport, Maine
This town was one of those 'park-your-car-get-out-and-walk' kinds of towns. It was beautiful and it contained my most favorite place in the entire universe: The Lindt factory! Creamy Chocolate Truffles. That is the place of my dreams, where I go to cease my weeping, to indulge in the assorted flavors of beautiful chocolate...
Brunswick, Maine
We lived there once upon a time. Five minutes away from my best friend, Kendra. We went camping a lot together. Her mom was the one who got my mom into homeschooling.
In Brunswick, we were a bike ride away from Dunkin Doughnut, the library, downtown, and the park. That was a beautiful town.
Oh Maine. The smell of the sea...the lobsters....the crisp Atlantic breeze...the pretty little cities...the board walks....the hiking....the camping...the chocolate...

Virginia Beach, Virginia
Our apartment by the beach. 
My Friends Caitlin and Lené.
The Silver Diner. A wonderful place. I forget the food, I only remember getting one of those cardboard cars that were all classy and fun. I could fit my Barbies in them perfectly...That place was great.
The Purple Cow. Purple milkshakes were found there..as well as delicious burgers! It was also a very classy place. It was a diner too.

Haiti
The heat. The plantain trees. The kids. The ocean. (Water, water everywhere, but not a drop to drink...)
The smells, even the gross ones, I miss them all. The fried plantains. Rose Myrtha. The church. The school.
The mission house.

My Childhood
I miss the innocence, imagination, time, dolls, play time, and the sheer delight of being  young and carefree.

No comments:

Post a Comment