Pages

Thursday, January 2, 2014

2) Something I look forward to in the next 12 months

Ah New Years...I never like this time of year. It makes me melancholy and wistful. It's like leaving all my memories behind. I do make resolutions that are never fulfilled though. Sometimes that makes me feel better. (The resolutions, not the unfulfilling part.)
Anyways, I wrote this bit in my diary about looking forward to the coming year:

During the next twelve months I look forward to growing more as a Christian, becoming a more proficient writer, being a nicer sister, more gracious person, a loving and obedient daughter, being a better and kinder talker, knowing what to say and when to say it, being less offensive with my words.

I plan on being less lazy and more proactive, more intelligent, more wise, a better friend, an excellent witness for Christ Jesus my Lord.

I want when people to talk about me and say good things about me. I want them to like being around me and enjoy my company. I want them to ask me first to come over or ask me for advice because they value me and my opinions, because they trust me, because they want me to be a part of their life. I want them to think highly of me and invest in me because they care about me.

I want to invest my life in other people. I want to care more about them. I want to be more concerned for other people. I want to be a benefit to them and love them with my actions.

I wish I could overcome my sins, hate my sins, stand up against what I believe is wrong, influence people for the good of themselves, their families, and the world. I want to show people the love of Christ and I wish I was more enthusiastic about Him and the people around me. I wish I had the right words to tell people and make them understand about Him.

I wish I could realize more often that Christ is in control of everything and I am powerless to change anything unless He lets me. I wish I could have a better relationship with Him than I do. I wish I could do the things He wants me to do and not do things for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment