Pages

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

7) Siblings



Siblings are marvelous creations most of the time…It’s true. And the least of the time when they are not marvelous creations, well, I feel I need not explain myself.

I have three fabulous siblings. They are funny, cute, entertaining, and smart.

My youngest sister is four years old and a perfect princess. She is beautiful, kind, and encouraging.  She loves to dance and sing and be the most adorable baby on the planet. (Yes, she is four and we still call her “Baby”)

My little brother, who is six, is the one whom I call my favorite (but I really love them all the same). He likes to make up jokes, which usually don’t make any sense, but we laugh at them just to make him feel important, or because the jokes are just plain goofy. He likes to wear camouflage and pretend that he is an army man. He also has a Captain America Halloween costume that he plays in. He is the most adorable knight in shining armor too. He likes his swords and his guns. 

His is also a pure genius. He puts these wild creations, ranging from a big city, a tractor, a helicopter, or a lobster car (I don’t really know how to explain that one-it just happened and was amazing) that he builds out of Legos or K-nex. They always turn out fabulous. So much more than most of us could ever hope to achieve with those meager building blocks. But he has a way of making little things more exciting, and that’s not just with his toys-but in life as well.

Here is a story I must share:  Just the other day he lost his first tooth. It was quite amusing.
At lunch yesterday, he asked me for a bite of my mango. So I gave him a piece.
Of course, when he wants to try something new (a rare occasion)  something devastating happens.
His first bite of the fruit, I had explicitly told him not to bite the skin, he bites the skin. His front bottom tooth turned seventy-five degrees sideways and he freaked out.
He cried and wailed and wouldn’t close his mouth (he drooled all over the floor). It was incredibly humorous, despite his obvious distress.
But we congratulated him quite a bit. He calmed down once he realized that this was a natural occurrence in life and became exceedingly  glad that he was going to grow new “big boy teeth”.
He never finished that mango, or the rest of his lunch. He swore he would never eat again until he had completely lost his tooth.
We encouraged him to wiggle it out. So he did. Thankfully before dinner time.

Now we come to my big brother, whom I love most dearly. My mother once said that we never quarrel. That is true. He and I are like peas and carrots. He is the one that inspired me to become a writer. He is the one whom I look up to for most things. He is the one I ask for advice for on most things. I don’t know what I’d do without him.
Another thing that makes him awesome is that he’s Asian, and really good at math, unlike myself. So he could be referenced to as my own personal calculator.  Or my savior when it comes to video games. Or my hero in anything else awesome that I am unlikely to be good at and he usually is.

No comments:

Post a Comment