Pages

Sunday, January 26, 2014

25) What made my day special

I was supposed to post this yesterday, but I was busy....watching The Great Gatsby (1974) instead of dutifully blogging like I was supposed to.

My day was special yesterday because of my little sister. As I was struggling through chemistry homework and having an incredibly difficult time, she came in my room and hugged me. She told me she loved me very much and also that bad guys were coming. She had been running away from them and came to my room for refuge.
The "bad guys" came and killed her. She died there in my arms. I wept over her and cried...I tried to revive her, but she was mostly dead. I gathered her little body in my arms and pretended to medicate her wounds.  But to no avail. This little princess is better than Snow White at being dead.
Suddenly I remembered that only a kiss of true love can return a princess to life! And since I love my sister so very much I kissed her cheek (not on the lips, because she has a cold and there was snot running down her nose..).
She sat up wearily saying, "I'm alive!" with a dramatic gasp. She hugged me tightly and thanked me.
She left me to go play somewhere else...but oh! That adventure made my chemistry pass so much faster with a lighter heart and a smile upon my lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment