Pages

Thursday, January 9, 2014

9) My favorite thing to do right now

Smiling is my favorite!

Not really, that's just what today's challenge makes me think of. Ha ha.

But I do like to smile. Just not always. Sometimes I stop smiling. But then I can still be happy. A strange kind of happy, such as contentment. That is a marvelous kind of happy, one that doesn't necessarily come with a smile.
Am I content, though?
 Sometimes.
 The feeling comes and goes. It is a delightful feeling that makes one happy and in want of nothing too splendid.
Maybe contentment is my favorite.
Perhaps being happy is.
I suppose that is the answer then. My favorite thing is to be content. For with contentment comes all sorts of things. I can be content when I am sad, melancholy, happy, joyful, excited, hysterical, and emotional. I can be content anywhere I am whether it be alone in the dark, piled up on our tiny couch with all five other people in my family, in a swimming pool with my friends, cooking with my mom, washing my neighbor's car with the neighbor's kids, writing in my frigid lair, curling up with a book in a comfortable nook, playing doll house with my sister, telling my little brother another Baba story (I shall have to post one someday...they are quite entertaining..), or being very content lying on a hospital bed being as still as possible so as not to feel the IV that is on my arm (I did that when I had an IV. I couldn't feel it when I was being still, so I was incredibly content to STAY STILL. And I wasn't so content when a nurse jostled the bed).

Now please. I don't really know if anyone but the darling Margaret reads any of this, but if you do and if you are real, comment below. Tell me what your favorite thing is! I would like to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment