Pages

Monday, January 13, 2014

13) Someone I want to meet

I've always wanted to meet Adam and Eve. I want to know what the first ever people were like and how they saw the world. I've always wondered what they talked about or how they thought. Did their minds start like a child's? I'm sure they had all the wonder and delight a child has when they discover something new and wonderful.
Were they mature? They had no previous experience with anything at all. But they did have the greatest Teacher in the world, all to themselves. I'm sure God taught them everything they needed to know, and let them discover some things for themselves.
I can't help but imagine what it was like for them to be the first parents in the world.

Adam: Wow, honey, you seem to have gained some weight over these past few months. Is everything okay?
Eve: *slaps him*
Enter God
God: You are going to have a baby. This is completely normal. It's going to be painful, because of the curse you have put upon yourself, but it will be worth it. Babies are small, soft, and beautiful.
Eve: What is a *difficulty remembering the word, so she mispronounces it* behy-bEE?
God: A baby is a small person, like you. He will not know anything, therefore you must protect him, care for him, and teach him everything.
Adam: You mean, there is going to be more people?
God: Yes, I have given you dominion over this earth. I want you to populate it with your descendants.
Adam: But you made us. How are we supposed to make more people?


...


A few months later:
Adam: *hesitantly* It looks like you swallowed a watermelon.
Eve: I don't feel so good...

A week later:
Eve: Adam, my stomach is cramping
Adam: That's weird. I always get cramps in my calves.
Eve: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
Adam: Hey look! A behy-bEE!

Six years pass:
Adam: Hey, Cain try this fruit. I call it- "Mango"
Cain *takes bite of mango and begins to wail*: MY TOOTH! *The tooth falls out*
Adam is flabbergasted and has no idea what to do
Cain and Adam in union: MOM!


I told all of this to my big brother and he told me that God probably taught them how to take of their kids and told them what to expect and everything...
But who knows for sure? I just find it fun to think about meeting the first people on earth and hearing all their stories.
Imagine the first stories on earth! I bet those would be cool to hear from Adam and Eve's perspective. I'd like to know all the personal tidbits from them. How they felt, what they were thinking, and everything...

No comments:

Post a Comment