Pages

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Gregor the Gnome

Once upon a time
There lived Gregor the gnome
He did not know how to rhyme
Born in a world of poets, he was all alone

He had no friends
All creatures despised
Gregor the untalented
Soon they would be surprised

Because Gregor the gnome
Sung magnificent opera
When his lungs were full blown
He mastered that genre

One day a little robin heard
Gregor singing La Bohème
Away flew the little bird
To tell the fairies about him

The fairies embraced Gregor the gnome
They loved him and his musicals
They accepted him as one of their own
Although a gnome living among fairies is quite whimsical

They all lived happily ever after
The end

4 comments:

  1. I love the variety of your poems! Sometimes I stick to rather serious subjects, but I love how you branch out ad tell a story!
    (Sorry! I feel like I'm commenting a lot!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! I have a hard time branching out as well..but it's fun to experiment with a variety of style!

    I don't mind the comments! !They are very encouraging:)

    ReplyDelete