Pages

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

a poem a day keeps the boring away

Happy April, everyone! Or better termed: Happy National Poetry Writing month!!

Here is a poem I promised. This picture was sent to me by my dear friend, Claire.
I was trying to find the perfect story behind it, and it took awhile. (I've had the picture in my inbox for a month or two)

Displaying photo.JPG

We were young when we started
Now we've grown old, our friends departed

Together we've roamed this earth
Been through all toils and mirth

When we were young we lived freely
We didn't know it'd turn us sour and greedy

Selfish ambitions captured our hearts
We grew weak from the poisoned darts

We can't be free, we can't escape
We can't run from the lives we've shaped



Well, I hope you liked it. It didn't turn out as I had hoped, but it's an okay poem.
Claire, I hope you enjoyed it too! Sorry it took me so long to use the picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment