Pages

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Oh! Look at all the people!

So when I looked out the window, for the first time I realize that I am not alone. All the people passing by me, they are just like me.
They all have lives.
They all have personalities.
They all have family.
They all have friends.
They all have homes.
They all have hobbies.
Suddenly,  I want to meet them all. I want to take them all by the hand and lead them to a place far away from this smoggy city. I want to take them to a safe haven, where we can talk. Just talk. I want to know all about them. Each and every one of them.
I want to ask them what they think about. I want to ask them what their dreams are. I want to ask them their opinions on everything.
I want to value them as people. I want to have them as friends. 
They must all be interesting. They must be, because they are like me.

I think about how crazy everything is. I think about the world spinning on, and all the people living. We all live on one little planet, and hardly any one knows more than 0.000000085* percent of the people on it.
I decide to change that statistic! If I know one more person than I did this morning, and next week I was going to know fourteen more. What if I met a new person every day? That would be at least 365 people in a year, at the very least!
I could change that percent to knowing .000000138%** of the people on earth! I am excited now. Imagine all those people. All those faces. All those ideas. All those opinions....
I think of all the movie stars, politicians, and prodigies, if they are regarded for their talents, opinions, and hobbies, then shouldn't we all be as well? Nothing makes the rest of us different from the famed, except popularity, I guess.
I can't meet all the famous people, but since we are all the same, then meeting 'ordinary' people will be just as fantastic.

Now, I walk out on the street. My thoughts running wild with questions I can ask them. All the people swarming around me. All of them going on with their lives. It is intriguing to watch them. Sometimes I have watched them all from above in my office in the sky-scraper. They walk to and fro like little ants all with a purpose to make this city great, to make this country better, and to keep the world spinning on. They all have a purpose, they all have a goal. And I want to know exactly what each and every one of them are doing to get there.


__________________________________________________________________________________
*tell me if my math is wrong. The average person knows 600 people. There are (estimated) 7 billion people on earth. 600/7billion=8.5x10^-8
**That is 600+365=965/7 billion=1.38x10^-7


No comments:

Post a Comment