Pages

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Update!



I have not posted lately since I have been away, but with a handy-dandy iPod that my very bestest friends gave me, I have been able to write on the go!
So here is an update of what has happened to me over the course of this past week: 

10/28/13
I have amazing news! Dad's boss talked to him about staying on until the end if the pay period! Which means we have until the end of the month to find a new job! I say we because everyone in this family is in this together. Dad isn't alone in his search for a job. We've got his back. 

How could we abandon someone who helps with homework and learns the subject when he didn't know it before? How could we abandon someone who takes care of our home and defends it from the invasion of pesky ants? (which happened, first it was the cockroaches, then ants, and now moths...) AND How could we abandon someone who does everything in his power to give us a good future?

I am forever indebted to my father because he takes care of me when I'm sick. He gives me opportunities to learn. He helps me make things better for myself. Today I asked him for help on some troublesome homework (Chemistry=yuck). He helped me, and I didn't find out until later that he had planned on sending out resumes. I apologized for distracting him from his work, but he relied with a big hug, "Helping you with your stuff means more to me than what I was going to do." 

I know God has blessed me with an amazing family; sometimes I realize it more than other times. 


10/31/13
So with dad's last day of work (again) being Thursday, God has really provided (again). Dad has an interview with a company (which he worked for a few years ago) on Friday. It just amazes me how much God provides for us, one little family. We are in His hands and there is nothing that can take us out. Like the hymn In Christ Alone says: No power of hell, no scheme of man, Can ever pluck me from His hand!

In every lite thing He cares. The smallest things we do matter to Him. 


11/4/13
Dads interview went terrifically! He got the job! I don't know if I'm surprised or not...I just know that I'm grateful. I knew God would take care of us!

 the reason I hadn't been posting lately:

Youth Leadership Conference

I went to a conference this past week . I was a team leader and had to take care of twelve students. This was not the first time I had done something like this. In fact, last year I was an assistant team leader. 
 
It's a really fun job and I had a great time. I learn a lot every year I go. The first year I went, I was a student. But every  year since then I have learned more and more to build off of my first year's basic knowledge of leadership, American heritage and patriotism, as well as free enterprise.

It's really good stuff and I have no idea where to begin, but I feel it is my American duty to tell all American people what knowledge I have gained!

So I'll try writing a rough draft by hand (because I think better that way, and to be honest...I really hate technology...but it really is great for getting what I have to say out to the world...my problem is just trying to figure out how to use it...I wrote a paper about it...maybe I'll post it sometime...) and then once I have written it, I'll do a second draft on the computer, then I'll edit it...and then maybe I'll post it...

If I don't then I really just recommend looking up what the Youth Leadership Conference is for yourself. It is a really amazing program! I recommend it for any person in highschool!
And when your older, you can go back as staff (which is what I did) and that makes a resume look absolutely beautiful! (like mine!)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment